Are you eligible for North Dakota Energy Share?
- You must be eligible for Fuel Assistance for the current program year.
- Your home must be heated non-electrically. All homes using electric heat will be referred to the nearest County Social Services Office for assistance.
- If you are renting and/or receiving housing assistance, you are eligible for Energy Share when utilities are not included in your rent.
- If you live on a reservation and are receiving a utility allowance, you may not be eligible for Energy Share.
- You may be required to have a disconnect or shut off notice from a utility company.
- Bills may be from a previous or current address, but must be no more than three (3) months old.
- You may be referred to the Energy Conservation Program.
- You may be referred to the Self -Reliance and Budget Counseling Programs
- You may be required to provide a co-payment. Each time Energy Share is requested, an increase in this co-payment may occur.
- Failure to meet any of these requirements may result in ineligibility of future assistance requests.
Energy Share may pay for:
- Service Charges
- Reconnection Fees
- Security Lights
Energy Share may not pay for:
- Late Charges
- Penalty Charges
- Estimated Readings
- Trip Charges
Local Community Action Agencies
The Community Action Agencies of North Dakota offer many programs which assist low income, elderly, and handicapped individuals in a variety of ways. Each agency provides assistance through Energy Conservation, HOME, Self Reliance, Energy Share, and many other programs. Please contact your local Community Action Agency for information on programs available. We also encourage you to help others! Contact your Community Action Agency to find out how you may help get involved through volunteer work and other community efforts.
- Southeastern North Dakota Community Action Agency
P.O. Box 507
Jamestown, ND 58402-0507
- Dakota Prairie Community Action
1219 College Drive P. O. Box 698
Devils Lake, ND 58301-0698
701-662-6500 or 1-800-321-5943