JOIN US FOR OUR
2020 DISTRICT MEETINGS!
Tuesday, Feb. 18 –Fessenden
Wednesday, Feb. 19 –Cando
North Star Public School
Thursday, Feb. 20 –Jamestown
North Dakota Farmers Union headquarters
Registration and meal from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Meeting from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Each year, Northern Plains Electric Cooperative (NPEC) holds director elections in three districts. Those elections are the members’ opportunity to select someone to represent them on the NPEC’s nine-member board. The board meets on the fourth Monday of each month to make decisions regarding budget, policy, rates and other co-op business. Meetings alternate between the Carrington and Cando office and typically last a good share of the day. Addition to monthly meeting, NPEC directors often attend meetings and conferences of the statewide association. Directors are compensated for their time.
To run for director, members must:
- Receive Northern Plains Electric service at your primary residential abode and you may only run in the district in which you reside.
- Obtain a petition from our offices in either Carrington or Cando.
- Obtain at least 15 signatures from NPEC members.
- Submit a petition at least five days prior to the district meeting.
- Attend the district meeting.
For more information, call 1-800-882-2500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
High school seniors whom are a dependent of a Northern Plains Electric Cooperative member, attend one of our district meetings in February or annual meeting in April to register for our Luck of the Draw Scholarship. Two $500 scholarships will be drawn at our annual meeting.
Save the date for our Annual Meeting
April 16, 2020
Pingree High School - Pingree, ND
5:30-6:30 Registration and meal