HIGH SCHOOL SOPHOMORES & JUNIORS - WIN THE TRIP OF A LIFETIME!
What is the Government-in-Action Youth Tour?
Every June, as many as 1,500 high school students from across the country spend a week in the nation's capital as part of the National Rural Electric Cooperative Youth Tour. The students are sponsored by electric cooperatives – cooperatives that are committed to educating America's rural youth about America and the role electric cooperatives play in developing strong rural communities.
Participating in the Youth Tour is an awesome way to learn about this great nation, develop leadership skills, gain a better understanding of electric cooperatives, and make friendships that will last beyond the week!
TOP 3 REASONS TO ENTER THE ESSAY-WRITING CONTEST:
1. All-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., compliments of Northern Plains Electric Cooperative
2. A whole week to visit unforgettable historic monuments, museums and the U.S. Capitol
3. A learning experience you'll never forget
To enter 2020 essay writting contest, students must:
* Be a sophomore or junior in high school.
* You and your parents/guardian's primary residence must be served by Northern Plains Electric Cooperative.
* Write an essay. The essay is not to exceed two, standard 8.5-inch by 11-inch typewritten, double-spaced pages on this topic:
Essay Topic: If chosen as a Youth Tour delegate, you will travel to Washington, D.C. to experience and learn about America's rich history. What moment in American history do you wish you had been a part of and what would you have contributed?
* Include a cover page with your name, date of birth, name of high school and grade in school, parent or guardian's name, address and telephone number.
Trip dates are June 20-26, 2020. The deadline for submitting applications is January 31, 2020. Email entries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org and hard-copy entries mailed to:
Youth Essay Contest
Northern Plains Electric Cooperative
P.O. Box 608
Cando, ND 58324
Click the link below to learn more about the Government-in-action Youth Tour!!