Welcome to Northern Plains Electric Cooperative's website.
Please look around and discover all the things your co-op has to offer.
Can't find what you are looking for? Have a question? Please contact us.
Northern Plains Electric Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
MAY IS ELECTRICAL SAFETY MONTH!
SPRING INTO SAFETY IN MAY
Every day, we rely on electricity to power our homes, farms and businesses. However, it is important to always be safe around electric appliances, equipment and power lines. May is National Electrical Safety Month, and it’s a great time to raise awareness on how to avoid potential electrical hazards.
By taking simple precautions, everyone can avoid electrically related fires, fatalities, injuries and property loss. Here are some safety tips from Northern Plains Electric Cooperative:
- Check electric cords for fraying or cracking. Replace cords that may be damaged, and don’t overload electric outlets.
- Remember extension cords are intended to be temporary; they are not intended as permanent wiring.
- Don’t run cords under carpets or rugs and don’t tack or nail cords to walls or floors.
- Only use light bulbs that meet (or are below) the maximum wattage listed on the lamp or fixture. Exceeding the maximum wattage can cause overheating and potential fire hazards.
- Keep electric appliances and tools away from water. Never reach for or unplug an appliance that has fallen into water; instead, turn the power off at the breaker before you unplug the appliance or remove it from the water.
- Keep your home’s electrical system in good repair. Contact a licensed electrical contractor if you have flickering lights, sparks, non-functioning outlets or need wiring repairs or upgrades.
SAFETY STARTS WITH YOU!
DON'T FALL FOR SCAMMERS PRETENDING TO BE NORTHERN PLAINS!
If you get a call from someone claiming to be from Northern Plains Electric Cooperative demanding immediate payment or you will be disconnected and asking for your banking or credit card information, hang up. They may call back again, but DO NOT BE FOOLED! Northern Plains will never ask for your private financial information over the phone.